Let us explain here how to choose best hunting pants and why you really need to choose them.
Regardless of the type of your hunting activities, be it a big/small game, predators or duck, most probably you require camouflage hunting clothes made specifically to keep you hidden and safeguarded from the environment. Having the appropriate apparel and gear is equally as important to hunting excellence as owning the suitable equipment. Hunting outfits is as a rule:
- More sturdy and weather-proof than regular clothes
- It’s made with specific characteristics for the field use, for example scent-free materials, additional pockets for gear, and so on;
- Adaptable to offer more flexibility and unlimited tange of movement.
In order to help you to get even more edge, manufacturers like Scent-Lok develop odor-masking components into their camouflage hunting outfits and clothing. Some other manufacturers such as Browning and Columbia Sportswear create clothing and pants with features designed specifically for hunting, for example ammo bags and special pockets for your prey calls, field dressing supplies, direction-finding devices and other things. By providing yourself with the suitable pants, you significantly improve your chance for an effective hunt.
The Importance of Men’s Hunting And Camouflage Pants
Men’s camouflage field pants are quite useful and valuable part of clothes during outings. Men’s pants that are degigned for hunt should be comfy and warm. The breathability should be quite enough to guarantee prevention of too much perspiration.
Camo pants should easily blend into the surrounding terrain and landscape, allowing you to easier track and follow your prey. Scent-blocking technologies are innovative additions to the modern pants and they are really useful, since human scent is easily detected my animals. Wind- and water-resistant hunting pants should protect you from the cold environment.
In areas where there is increased risk to encounter other hunters, it’s better to wear blaze-orange pants in order to ensure good visibility and avoid friendly fire. The other good feature of this color is that rescue unit can easily spot person who needs help, should that be required.
Top 3 Models Highlighting
1. Walls Men’s 6-Pocket Camouflage Hunting Cargo Pant
A lot of pockets? Well, they are brilliant idea for hunting. These 6-pocket Pants come with a half-dozen convenient pockets to carry anything from calls, additional shells, and tasty meat sandwiches to your own meathooks. This model is extremely durable. Made using quiet material that will keep you from being detected.
- Rough but comfy totally brushed cotton ripstop shell
- 3X-needle stitching to ensure strength
- 2X-needle J stitch and leg hem
- Shielding knee patches with water resistant layer
- Convenience stretch waistband with flexible tabs for an easy fit
- Two hip pockets, Two side cargo pockets, two rear pockets, whole 6 with button-flap
- Drawstrings at front leg hem for fast manipulation
- Advantage Timber camouflage
- Machine wash/ dry
2. King’s Camo Cotton Six Pocket Hunting Pants
The King’s Camo is ideal for the passionate outdoors type person. Featuring 6 functional pockets and a light-weight concept, these pants will perfectly suit you if you are going to roam the outdoors. This model comes in many sizes.
- Designed to inhibit scents
- Extremely lightweight and breathable material
- Adjustable waist
- Adjustable draw cord
- Ankles with cord locks
- Materials: Polyester
- Size: Medium, large, X-large, XX-large
- Number of pockets: 6
- No lining
3. Scent Blocker Youth Pant
Scent Blocker supplies efficient wear for nearly any outdoor activity. These high-durability outdoor pants are waterproof, lightweight and extremely effective and usable. IF the weather is light or moderate and you require camouflage, these are the ideal pants to take with you. These Storm gear pants are created using 7.2 ounce polyester and include a DWR finish in order to wick away water without having to give up on breathability.
- 3″ high
- 8″ wide
- 7.2 Ounce Polyester
- DWR finish to wick away water
- Lightweighty, resilient ripstop fabric
Several Things To Take Into Account
One main difference between usual and hunting pants is the sort of material applied. Usually created using quiet textiles, such as fleece and soft shell fabrics, camouflage field outdoor pants are planned to reduce noise along with ensuring camouflage and weather shield. Some other attributes to check out in camouflage pants:
- Wind- and water-proof shells for bad weather impact protection
- Padded or strengthened knees to avoid deterioration
- Specific linings that can insulate and transport sweat away from the body
- Zip-cuff openings for more convenient on/off over boots
- Additional pockets for carrying ammo, supplies and some light cargo
Hunting pants should also be good at providing movement easiness, especially during crouching, bending, kneeling or tracking a prey. If there is a chance to find yourself in rain or snow, make sure to pick a pair of water resistant field pants that use Gore-Tex shell or comparable technology. Such innovations are often in tactical pants from leading brands like Scent-Lok, Columbia Sportswear, or Browning.
A Little Rant About Layering
Appropriate layering is especially vital for hunting the field comfortably. Stay clear of cotton underwear that have the tendency to keep sweat and dry too slowly. Carefully pick your set of underwear starting from a set of light, wetness-wicking thermal underwear (as a rule, merino wool, polyester or silk) beneath your hunting pants make your sitting under the bush much more positive.